Sunday, March 14, 2010

Yesterday in history

There were several highlights that happened yesterday.


1. Heading to Kampar.

Went to Kampar to meet my supervisor regarding my Final Year Project writing.


2. Met up with Jeffery.

While having a chat with him, I realised some important things to share with everyone.

(a) I have been sending the notes to the photostat shop guy for almost 3 years already. Until a few days ago, only I approached him regarding his habit of using polystyrene food packings. If I were to persuade him 3 years ago, I would have save him from using almost 7000 polystyrene boxes. (2 units x 3 people x 3 years x 365 days = 6570 units!!!). I now see the impact and I felt so guilty for not encouraging him to change his habit at the first place. In near future, I must explain all these earlier to the people around me.

(b) I just recalled the vow I made during the Tzu Ching camp last week - to get 50 new members from UTAR or KTAR to join us. There, I said it. I'll work my very best to achieve that target.


3. Travelling back to KL from Kampar by train.

The train was 45 minutes late, and I spent the most romantic time on the train - travelling without lights. To make matters worse, insufficient air flow into the coaches, making me dizzy and sick. 
Apparently, the electric generator for lights and air cond was damaged. So no light nor ventilation. Lucky for all of us, when we arrived at Tanjung Malim station, there was another train waiting for 
us. As for me, I wasn't fortunate enough to get a seat, and ended up having to stand all the way to KL Sentral, for almost 1 hr 30 mins. Then, on Putra LRT, I had to stand again... all the way to Wangsa Maju. Thank goodness I have good, strong legs to stand. *Be Thankful*


Indeed, today in history, another unforgettable one.

2 Responses to “Yesterday in history”

~Live Life~ said...

Wow...very positive!

By the way, how did that person change from using polystyrene food packings? What's he using now?

All d best in everything!

Mike Cheong said...

Not sure whether he uses a Tupperware now... but hopefully he changed. The next time I meet him again, I'll try to remind him again... haha