Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Walkabout KL

This very first time I entered Central Market at Pasar Seni, I was amazed by the many arts exhibited there.

DSC_6371

Most of the things are for sale here, and some of them are worth collecting.

 DSC_6374e

Some very interesting perfume bottles in one of the shops at ‘Malay Valley’.

DSC_6382

A tourist around the art market.

DSC_6384

Then my friend and I headed over to Petaling Street. Lots of stuffs for sale, as expected, but beware of phony merchandise. 

Anyways, I spotted some shops selling some beautiful flower arrangements. They’re quite affordable too.

DSC_6390

 

Next stop, the Bukit Nanas Forest Reserve, just around the KL Tower.

DSC_6459 DSC_6481 DSC_6492

The park opens at 7am and closes at 7 pm. You may camp there if you wouldn’t mind feeding blood to the mosquitos.

Anyways, it was nice to walk around KL, but I think I miss the element of human in the photos… I should pick up the courage to go ask permission to shoot other people’s photos more…

2 Responses to “Walkabout KL”

Michelle Leong said...

wow, a lovely walk!!!

I dun really dare to ask ppl whether i can take their photos or not, sometimes i would just shoot intentionally.. hehe...
but i tot most of the shops at Central Market dun allow us to take photos on their items and shops?

Mike Cheong said...

yea... sometimes you have to be courageous and daring to take a photo of them.

They do allow you to take photos in Central Market, only if you have a valid reason to do so. If the shop has got a sign showing "no photos", then it's better you don't take any photos of that shop.

My friend and I were stopped from photographing by a security guard and we were required to ask for a permit from the management of Central Market. But since the both of us were done with our shoot, we decided to leave instead.