Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I hate competitions

Sorry to say this, but I hate competitions very much.

Ever since I was small, I was put into competitions with my cousin sister and brother.

Then I was put into competitions again, from singing to story telling to whatever Chinese Know-it-all competitions, in which the Chinese class made me absolutely miserable.

Then in Secondary School, I was put into competitions again, this and that and everything else.

It was in UTAR in which I found no competition at all, I competed with myself.

Then I realized this, it wasn’t that I don’t like competitions, I just don’t like to compete with other people. It makes me miserable when I lose, and it makes the other party miserable when I win. Plus, I hated the idea of being put into comparison with others.

Now, I love the idea of competing with myself. Absolutely love the idea of self-competition.

Then here I am again, being put into a situation where I was being compared at what I’m not good at. I’m sorry to say that I’m not good at sports, so stop comparing! I tried my best every time and I compete with myself to do better each time.

So I guess I’ll have to say this, I’ll never join another competition that is all about winning. It’s not the winning that matters, it hurts me when people started comparing me with the others. I loath that idea. Hated it so much right now.

And don’t get me started on respect. How am I to respect another person if he doesn’t prove to be worthy of my respect? Respect is EARNED, not because you’re merely more senior than I am. Please, for heaven sake, stop all these childish games. Grow up!

2 Responses to “I hate competitions”

MUI said...

You are the one who is living your life, and you are the creator of your life journey.
Don't bother how other people look at you, most importantly how you look at your self.