Sunday, October 11, 2009

My journey back to Kampar…

06.00 am – yelling of my alarm clock…

07.30 am – woke up late

07.45 am – joined Jenny and Xue Jie to FRIM for a hike

09.45 am – arrived at the canopy walk

10.42 am – heading back to Genting Klang

11.05 am – had my lunch

11.32 am – took bath and tidy things up…

12.05 pm – took bus and LRT to KL Sentral

12.46 pm – arrived at KL Sentral KTM Station

01.05 pm – discovered that an accident happened, train derailment…

01.15 pm – was told to take my KL-to-Ipoh train at Kepong

01.35 pm – took the KTM Commuter to Kepong, with much delay…

02.20 pm – arrived at Kepong KTM station

02.45 pm – the KL-Ipoh Shuttle Train Arrived. Board the train, and depart

04.45 pm – arrived at Kampar KTM station

04.51 pm – seeing the sky so blue and cooling weather, decided to walk back to Westlake.

05.12 pm – passing by Kampar old town.

05.32 pm – Some motorcyclist stopped to ask whether I needed a hitch-hike home… I declined.

05.38 pm – arriving at Kampar New town.

05.55 pm – arrived at Westlake.

 

Along the journey, I discovered some things…

1) KTM trains ALWAYS have delays and problems. Someone on the train told us that last week, one of the carriages got on fire… another week, no air-conditioning at all.

2) Train is a great place to see different people. No wonder some people say that travelling on the train is just like life – people get on the train, while some others get off… it’s just like you meeting some people in your lifetime, and while some others are just passing by…

3) Travelling to Kampar by KTM is much faster compared to bus… IF and ONLY IF, there are no delays.

4) It takes only about 1 hour of slow walk from the KTM station to Westlake.

5) There are lots of things to see in Kampar town… I really need to record them in photographs before the old buildings are demolished…

6) Someone actually stopped to ask whether I needed a ride back home… That’s a very nice thing to do, and it’s been a while since I myself witness this kindness from a total stranger.

7) The frequency of public bus from Kampar new town to old town is once each hour. The bus normally arrives at new town around the 30th-minute of the hour.

7) One of Westlake guard’s name ends with Raja. haha

The truth is… I love my weekend… it was such a great fun!

No response to “My journey back to Kampar…”