Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Research…

Today, I discovered the meaning of ‘Research’…

Re-’ means that you have to do it again and again…

-Search’  means that you have to look and do and hunt for answers and solutions, no matter what…

So what happened?

I’m doing PCR and few days ago, my PCR went well, with the negative control showing no bands. Which is good!

But today… both my PCR run, gave some unsatisfying results, and all the negative controls show bands.

Contamination? perhaps…

I really feel the frustration of not getting the expected results… and I really don’t feel like wasting more resources… Really pity my lab mate… he has been getting bad results for over a week already…

Tomorrow, I will autoclave everything… clean everything… change some of the things I’ve been using all the while… and when I’m satisfied, I will run 2 negative controls… hopefully, none of my current reagents are contaminated…

Wish me luck~!

 

 

P/S: To all other friends who are doing your research as well… hopefully this can encourage you. :)

DON’T GIVE UP!!!

DL_00008

No response to “Research…”