Thursday, July 10, 2008

Adopt a Microbe as your PET!!

I know Microbiology tests are coming up soon. So those taking this subject had better read and study fast... There's so many things to know and remember in such a short time. I guess this is a great time for me to introduce something to everyone of you....

ADOPT A MICROBE

This person, Emma Lurie, has done a great job making studying microbiology as interesting as possible. With those cute drawings, you'll certainly find that the artworks are extremely entertaining! So, take a break from your Microbio studies, and read this person's blog about microbes!

Here's my adopted pet:



Hey, my name is E. coli.
I'm a Gram negative bacteria and I'm part of the enterbacteriaceae family.
In my family I am part of tribe I, Escherichieae.
My whole family is oxidase negative.
I live in the bowels.

My uropathic strains are the most common cause of urinary tract infection. For teh win!
Some of my strains have virulence factors, so I can cause diarrhoea.
The diarrhoea can watery or bloody, depending on which strain you have.







And here's an actual photo of E.Coli:



So, thanks a lot to Emma Lurie. Click HERE to go to Emma Lurie's blog.

No response to “Adopt a Microbe as your PET!!”