Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Day 3 in the lab

Hmm... Today's Training in the clinical laboratory is indeed interesting.

Why?

Because there are 2 stool samples, and thank god my lab doesn't have to do the analysis. Or else, I'd faint by the time the stools bag is open. Haha...

Secondly, a 22 years old patient has got HIV... I was like "WOW!! 22 years old already got AIDS?" This patient's blood was tested on 4th of Oct, and I was not there to witness this biohazard blood sample.

So what did I do for the rest of the day in the lab? Food, a bit of movie, yawned a little (didn't yawn that much today... haha, shows that there's something interesting going on), did Gram's Stain on bacteria culture, more blood smears, a bit of ABO test. Still considered good la.

By the way, results is out today, and I'm not really happy with my results. I don't know what happened, but might be due to putting too much pressure on myself. I don't know, but I seemed to be playing and fooling around last semester. So hopefully in the coming semester, I can put more effort in getting the studies done properly. UTAR ar... please cut down on labs reports ler. Too many already. Next sem got 4 science subjects. How to die with so many reports??

Overall, I'm still cool with what I got, and I'm going to do a diagnosis on it... haha.

Till then, I'll report back tomorrow.

No response to “Day 3 in the lab”