Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Industrial Training in Metro Hospital SP

So, how's my training so far?

Day 1:
Lesson: ABO Group Typing, Rhesus Test.
Noticed: UTAR's Equipment is even better and newer than most of the equipments in the hospital I'm training in.
Boring stuffs: Stood there doing nothing 95% of the day.

Day 2:
Lesson: Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbant Assay (ELISA), Na/K Analyser
Noticed: 2 other staffs kinda quiet, didn't talk much. Perhaps I should go chat to them? People become bored after working in hospital, leading to them getting "heartless" in doing their work.
Boring stuffs: I suggested to Yin Long, "Let's count how many times we yawn in one day?!" and guess what, I yawned 7 times in 35 minutes!!!

Even though the hospital has a small clinical laboratory, the basic blood screening is complete. So, still okay la... But when can I start my REAL lab work?!

Hopefully, I can do some blood analysis soon.... by next week... Or else, I'd be bored to DEATH!!!



Here are some updates of what my friends are doing in other clinical labs...

Dear Friend A,
Tear lab results paper whole day, from 8am to 5.30pm in Penang Nam Wah Ee Hospital.

Dear Friend B,
Accept blood samples the whole day at the blood reception counter in Pantai KL.

Dear Friend C,
Went to research lab, prof in charge not in, went home a few hours later...

Dear Friend D,
Did a condom Quality Control on his first day.

Haha. That's all...

No response to “Industrial Training in Metro Hospital SP”