Thursday, January 22, 2009

Outing with Friends – UTAR PJ, Jaya One and Mid Valley

Today I went out with some friends to PJ, visited UTAR to take my UTAR Foundation Certificate.

UTAR students in PJ are now very fortunate to have Jaya One - Shopping cum Office. Lots of good food, yummy to the tummy and bad for your pocket. haha.
Here's some quick view around Jaya One.

Entrance:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

View from the road, the Palm Square

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Since it's about lunch time, we went in Wendy's Fast Food Outlet for lunch. The queue was long but the food portion is huge and tastes definitely better than McDonalds.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Beef Quarter Pound:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

After lunch, we headed for Mid Valley for a tour and shopping. On the way out, we had some photographs taken.

Jing jing acting cute…

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Group of friends:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

At the Bus stop, waiting for taxi… but eventually, no taxi available to fetch us to Mid Valley. Took bus instead.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The decorations for Chinese New Year are up in Mid Valley Megamall and the feel of CNY is definitely in the air. Lots of reds and pink...

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Then I dropped by Canon Concept Store and saw some photobooks on display. I picked one up and guess what I saw...

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Apparently this photographer had taken a shot of the fireworks that looked almost similar to mine. I was a bit furious at first, thinking that this person might have taken my photograph off the internet and used it as his own! I did put up mine on my blog and here’s one…

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Upon further inspection at home, I found out that it was almost similar but not the same! I was a bit shocked as how on earth could the two of us take almost similar photographs?! That is like, probability of one in a million!

This is so rare! But thinking again, I'm going to be a bit strict the next time.

All photographs to be distributed will be resized and tagged before distribution. This will ensure that my photographs are NOT misused. For those who wish to keep one copy, they will have to buy the printed photographs.

*Sorry guys, no more 'free-2-distribute' photos.

But seriously, I guess I've got to meet this photographer... It's like.... unexplainable.

Anyway, the day ended well and everyone was tired but happy.

2 Responses to “Outing with Friends – UTAR PJ, Jaya One and Mid Valley”

ButTeRcUp said...

errmm.. if you see properly rite, there's a difference in your photo, and his.

a big difference. Of course, i can only get to see it from your picture and his picture. I can't be 100% sure but i'm somehow 85% sure it's his own picture.

He's probably about 500m away to your right when he was shooting.

take a look at the middle part of the pic at the bottom of both pics.

notice that there's actually 4 "towers" there? his picture, the 2 on the right seems to becoming 1, and yours, is on the left that's becoming one.

due to shooting distance of the subject that is almost similar, degrees only took a little bit of effect.

as for the 15%, he has got a damn good photoshop skills that he even take note of such little details.

Mike Cheong said...

True enough, you can see the difference between the tower as the both of us shot from a different angle from PICC. That's why I said that I'm very surprised that the both of us took the shot at the same time!
It's not like shooting sceneries, it may be the same and I have no comments if the similarities is there. But this is fireworks man! It's almost impossible to take the shot at the same time and we don't even know each other!
I guess this is purely by chance...