Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Just follow law???

I was yelled at twice today and yesterday. Both times by the guards. Why? Good question.

1st yell – I cycled through the ‘OUT’ side of the gate to enter KTAR.

Their reason: I didn’t not follow the signboard. I should enter using the ‘IN’ side. I was cycling against traffic.

My reason: The cyclists and motorcyclist on the left side were cycling and riding at lower speed. I do not want to get knocked down or cause an accident as I was cycling at a higher speed.

2nd yell – I used the main road to cycle instead of the bicycle pathways.

Their reason: As stated above, they wanted me to use the bicycle pathway prepared for cyclist.

My reason: (i) There are over 8 speed bumps on the bicycle pathways. This is insane! How fast would the cyclist go? (ii) Some of the cyclist are riding in the middle of the pathway, obstructing traffic. I was cycling fast… so can these people be a bit more considerate, rather than happily yapping away in the middle of the road? (iii) Some of the cyclist are new riders. They can’t even control their steering well. Over taking is fine with me. I’m more afraid of scaring them with the sudden overtake and cause them to loose control and fall. (iv) With more considerations in thoughts, I’d rather use the main road, since there is also an additional special lane for cyclists.

The guards should cycle instead of riding motorbikes. They are terrorizing these places as if the building is theirs. They should be stern but considerate. They should get a feel of what cyclists feel when cycling at these roads.

Enough said. I’m more concern of my safety. I don’t want these people to affect my mood of the day.

No response to “Just follow law???”