Wednesday, June 25, 2008

End of AGMs

Now that all the AGMs are over... I'm pleased to announce that.... CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL NEW COMMITTEE MEMBERS!!! Especially my friends...

It's good to know that you guys got positions in clubs and societies... I'm looking forward to a great collaboration. But I'd like to point out that... Arts can be of Photography, Music, Graphic Design, Video and Media, Marshal Arts, Arts and Health, Anime... etc. I'm not very happy with the person now holding the post as Chairperson of Arts and Crafts Society. You CAN'T just change the whole club to Anime Society because it's so wrong... you're so desperate for a change, to the stage that you're asking non-Arts and Crafts Society members to vote you. I'm not in the mood of commenting this, because I know there are lots of Anime fans out there, so no matter what, my comments will not be accepted by your people.

If you're so capable, please FORM your own club. F**k those DSA people for declining you. If you're good, you can form your own club... why want to steal other people's club?? Such coward.

Enough of that, congrats again to all those who deserved it. You all have done a fantastic job. All the best to everyone, and happy collaboration!

Cheers!!

3 Responses to “End of AGMs”

Jacquelyn Ho said...

Not sure where you've heard about the news of him changing the entire A&C to anime club but what you might heard of might not be true. Although he's the chairman now, he will still be holding events which have been carried out by the previous A&C club. Second of all, we all know that DSA of Utar is a pain in the ass department to deal with, if he could have gotten approval of forming a new club on his own, he wouldn't have to go through the the troubles in order to form anime club. And I think the word "steal" is kinda strong in this case.

~K£cќ~ said...

I agree with Jac ... he's not changing Arts and Craft into Anime CLub itself, thats what I thought at first, but I was wrong too.

He is just incorporating the anime element into art and craft which is previously all into model and fashion. Meaning that it just expended its scope into anime rather then just the fashion and modelling.

The people he asks to vote for him are interested in the club itself, yes they might not be member but it doesn't mean they won't join later too. I believe everyone who attended that day have interest in joining the new and alive arts and craft, but some of them are really members. Even the old A n C members who attended the meeting are less then 10, other then the old exco members.

Yes I do agree arts do not consist of anime only, but there are Photography Club, Music Club, Dance Club, Taekwondo Club, Jujitsu, Karate-Do, First Aid SOciety too, if it were to go under A n C alone, what are the other clubs going to do? They can collaborate but they themselves have the minimum of 4 required activities for a year and to see them clash activity with each other or to do a repetition, wouldn't that be boring?

He did try to form his OWN anime club, ever since last sem. But do you think UTAR will approve such a club? The answer is definitely a big NO. As said by Jac, dealing with DSA is really a pain in the ass, and FES DSA is already a pain can you imagine going through the DSA head in FICT?

IMHO its wrong to call him a coward, although I'm not close to him, that idea itself was suggested by DSA themselves. So ... you should really put more thoughts in it before writing such harsh statement.

No offense here, just pointing out what I think is right. Sry if I invaded your blog ... cheers ^^

Mike Cheong said...

Well, I don't think I'm the only person guilty in this matter. I feel that a person's choice of words is EXTREMELY important and one should think before he or she talks. To tell you the truth, I must admit that he DID tell me his good intentions - letting both activities running together.

Unfortunately, on the day before AGM itself, I felt so wrong because he put this in his MSN - "Come vote for Anime SOCIETY"... Again, "ANIME SOCIETY"? That's so wrong! You can't just expect people to believe that A n C society WILL NOT be taken away by him! See... first wrong choice of word.

Secondly, during his speech on running for president, he said that "I will focus more on Anime"... What would you think about that? More importantly, what would the OUTSIDERS think? This would clearly be seen that he wants more than a fair share of the pie.

I must say, I admire all those anime fans for sticking up for him. But perhaps you all should stand up and tell him, as friends, that he should THINK and RELAY the CORRECT message to people. Don't mess this one up.

Seriously speaking, of course I'm excited about the upcoming activities from anime sub-club. And here, no hatred towards him. I am fully supportive towards a person, as long as he is being honest, truthful and sincere towards his actions. So let's see what he is capable of then.