Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mimosa pudica

When I was squatting down… taking this photo, people started staring at me… because I was doing it beside the main guard house, at 2 pm in the afternoon, with most students walking in and out of campus…

Although I felt a little embarrassed, screw them. This is what I’m believe in… I believe in patience, I believe in putting in effort to get the best I can…

And here… see the beauty of the common grass you stepped on… Mimosa pudica…

*Note: You are encouraged to click on the photo and see the full resolution of the photo. Thanks.

DSC_0973

9 Responses to “Mimosa pudica”

Sook Fong said...

was that captured by macro lens?wow..its awesome..

Mike Cheong said...

Yes... Macro lens... Thanks for the complements...

Sook Fong said...

u r welcome. actually im interested in photography, jz tat i havent gotten my DSLR yet..:(

Mike Cheong said...

You don't need a DSLR to capture good photos. Your skills are more important than the camera itself...

as you can see, I took almost 10 shots just to get the white balance, composition and lighting correct.

It's very hard for one to judge the white balance, especially when a wrong setting may lead to chaotic colours.

Start with the basics, get the compositions right. and I'm sure you'll do just fine. Until you're ready, then only go for a DSLR.

Anyway, are you a UTAR student?

Sook Fong said...

actually im earning money for DSLR edy, i had tried off wf other cameras as well, so now decided to get one..ya im utar student and we did see each other frenquently..haha..im biochem y3s2 student..

Mike Cheong said...

Haha... I see... good la...
Do I see you frequently? Haha... Maybe I didn't notice.... Should meet you in person...

So which type of DSLR are you going for? One advice, get the BEST you can afford..

Sook Fong said...

ahah..we meet frequently for toxicology lecture..im alwiz sitting at front row..3 girls together..staying plaza prima aso..

i like nikon but i heard tat is preferable for advance user..for my stage im advisable to get canon EOS 400D

Mike Cheong said...

Erm... regarding this matter hor... It's better we sit down and discuss about it... I'm not trying to be bias of any brands, but I strongly suggest that we have a bit of 'pros and cons' considerations first...

Talk to me during the coming Toxico lecture la... hehe

Sook Fong said...

ok sure~
thanks for ur advise..
actually last year i was nearly to get tat model for 2nd hand, recommended by my fren..but then due to financially depressed, missed out the chance..ok c u next..:)