Monday, August 17, 2009

4 hours in the library…

Today… for the first time ever… I spent the most time in the library… in my entire UTAR life… so far…

2 hours 15 minutes on Haematology

another 25 minutes on Pearl Harbour…

1 hour 20 minutes on Medical Microbiology…

Well spent? Yes and No…

As you can see, there are so many things you can do in 4 hours, and yet, so little time to complete all of them.

Today, seeing someone being able to answer questions I couldn’t have them answered during lecture, just because my revision haven’t reached that part yet, makes me feel guilty… Why am I so slow? I guess my time management is still not good enough.

Perhaps, I should put a little more attention on how I can utilize time even better… I need the extra time I can get for a bit more revision these days…

DL_00001

3 Responses to “4 hours in the library…”

SunShine said...

It does not matter if u can answer a question or not. How well people do,does not affect you. You need to compete with yourself not others.

Time management indeed is crucial. As long as you know you are doing things at your own pace, then you are on the right tract. Knowing your down side is the first step to success. Don't give up. I am sure you can perform well in finals.

Mike Cheong said...

Actually, I'm not afraid to say that I've quite a good time management already... just that, maybe these few days I might put a bit too much on other work rather than academic work.

As you can see, I do realize that competing with yourself is more important that competing with others. I'm putting my very best effort in balancing everything. At least now I'm feeling much better because most of the lectures have been canceled due to FYP presentations. That means, more time for me to study.

Sometimes, I feel that studying is not everything. Being able to live life to the best is more important. :)

That's why I've been so busy doing things other than academically mar...

I've got leadership workshops... Tzu Ching's projects for community, environmental friendly projects like recycling campaign and recyclable items collection, photography shoots...

Those who really know me, knows how busy I am. Those who don't really know me, will feel that I'm wasting time on these projects.

All in all, I DON'T CARE about what they say. I just need to be clear to myself, do what I can do to help others, and I discover the joy of doing things other than just study. :D

SunShine said...

Most important is do what you like.
Is good to be active in academic and also others activities, which i think is very good. You really contribute a lot back to the society. Not everyone is like you. Is truth that we don't need to care about what others say...i agree with you on this.

So lets work to achieve our goals in our life. Good luck in finals.