Friday, August 28, 2009

G.I. Joe – The Rise of Cobra

And finally… It’s my turn to watch this man-machine action-packed movie… alone.

Joe_KeyArt72

First of all, it’s very cool… second of all, it’s still very cool… and third of all, the CGI sux… (Edna, you’re right!)

Yea… the machines, the accelerator suits, the chase, the hunt, the people, they’re definitely very cool. But the story line lacks of oomph… It’s like, something is a bit missing… Nevertheless, the characters are well played, and you should be able to see some cool guys and beautiful girls in the movie… haha

gijoe-promo-2

Still, back to the movie. The CGI is a bit out… maybe because the movie Transformers basically set the CGI standard so high… haha… good for us. But I think it’s still much better as compared to few years back…

gijoe-promo-4

Yea… so, is this movie worth watching? Yes and no. If you’re the kind of person who loves military stuffs, cool techs, seeing things blowing up, handsome guys and beautiful girls, YES. If you’re the kind of person who wants to learn something out of it, philosophical stuffs, moral of the story etc, NO.

Some iPhone wallpapers for everyone… :)

baroness duke rip scarlett snake storm

My rating, for my personal preference, 4.5 out of 5.0

If you guys want to see machines, watch Transformers. If want to see humans with machines, watch G.I. Joe. It comes highly recommended. Cheers!

 

P/S: I saw someone without a mask today. Feeling worried, he used the newspaper to cover half of his face, with the newspaper depressed on the nose. I wonder he’d fall ill due to newspaper dye toxicity or H1N1 first…

4 Responses to “G.I. Joe – The Rise of Cobra”

Më| §zë said...

I love GI Joe!!

better than transformers, probably cos i had higher hopes for transformers, due to the first movie...

military, tech, love them all!!

Mike Cheong said...

Yea... very very true... I had very high expectation for Transformers too... and the story line is not as good as the first movie.

Anyway... G.I. Joe is very very cool... and I just can't get enough of the accelerator suit... haha... and yea... one of my favourite actor is in the movie...

Joshualaw said...

watch alone meh? should ask me ma...i also haven't watch...XD

Mike Cheong said...

I wanted to ask someone to join along... but then, I don't think you're free that time lo... cause my test ended at 3 pm and I arrive at KLCC to get my student priced tix, but no shows before 6 pm... so I ended up walking to Pavilion to watch the 4.50 pm show... hehe

Anyways, sorry la... Wanted to ask you along one...