Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Blood Donation – Day 1

Yep, donating your blood is the only way to remove excess iron in your body. This applies very much towards guys, especially those who have fallen in love with meat and red meats…

This guy has donated quite many times…

DSC_8580

I donated mine today… All you have to do, is just get your blood and health conditions checked, then… the nurse will prep you to draw blood.

Increase the pressure of your lower arms…

DSC_8585

Push in the huge, gigantic needle…

DSC_8582

Jot down time of start and other details…

DSC_8583 

… then you just squeeze your blood out lor… as simple as that… haha

I did my 450ml donation within 5 minutes… I shocked myself more than other people being surprised by the high flow of blood… hehe

Still, the period to wait for my blood to clot took almost 20 minutes… –_–|||

Well, most of the time, you’ll get goodies after you donated your blood… I got some bread, biscuits, a pack of candies etc…

Ah, talking about candies… this is the packing they used to put in 2 sweets…

DSC_8577

Nice isn’t it?

But to be frank with the organizing committee, I’m VERY DISAPPOINTED that you guys actually wasted resources to make something that is totally USELESS to the donors. I know it looked nice, but even if I were to keep it, one day, I’m just going to throw it in the rubbish bin anyway. Really pity those who put in hard work in helping to make this souvenir.

Hopefully next time, make something more USEFUL and not something just to put in 2 sweets as gift. You might as well put a basket of sweets and let people take 2 and just go. That’s more logical isn’t it?

Still, tomorrow would be the last day of the blood donation drive. If you’d like to donate your blood, come to UTAR KL Campus Library, 9 am to 4 pm.

No response to “Blood Donation – Day 1”