Saturday, September 10, 2011

Fourth in the World, First in Asia

As doctors and nurses and other medical personnel from all over the world pour into Hualien these few days for the celebration of 25th Anniversary of Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation General Hospital, the mood was very much joyous and you see some rarely seen (famous) doctors and physicians going around the Tzu Chi area in Hualien.

DSC_9796

During the opening ceremony of the welcoming of Tzu Chi International Medical Association (TIMA) members, superintendent Dr. Chin-Lon Lin proudly announced that Tzu Chi Hospital ranks as the 4th best hospital in the world, and the 1st in Asia.

Top 1000 Hospitals:

Untitled-1

Top Asia:

Untitled-2

In short, I’m happy to be here… haha

Anyways, they’ve arranged several activities during this period of 5 days. I’ve attended the Second International Conference of Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine. It was pretty much informative and I certainly learn more about stem cells research. Some fascinating discoveries too!

DSC_9799

The past two days have been pretty busy and really learnt a lot from the doctors and researchers.

By the way, I met Dr. Chin-Lon Lin on my way out of the conference room. I was pretty much stunned and I only managed a “Hi” and a wave of my hand, didn’t had much conversation, but he definitely looked very much friendly, busy but approachable.

 

Till then, more updates to come!

No response to “Fourth in the World, First in Asia”