Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Piles and piles of paper…

3 years ago – I entered UTAR PJ campus

2 years ago – I shifted to UTAR Setapak campus

1 year ago – I completed my first year.

7 days from now – I’m going to complete my second year.

But NOW, I’m tidying my room… and see what I found out…

DSC_6571_011

See how much paper we wasted, just on notes alone, during our degree and foundation studies… Imagine the other draft and exam papers we used included in that pile of papers…

We should reduce the use of paper… that means, either (1) no need to study… *hooray!!!* or (2) use electronic paper instead *hooray!!*… can cheat during exam… haha

Still, that’s only for me alone… now… imagine the WHOLE COURSE and the WHOLE UNIVERSITY!!! We students do kill a lot of trees…

Anyway, here’s a photo of my text books… almost enough to build a double helix… haha

DSC_6566_009

So friends… remember to conserve paper ar…

re-think (whether you need it or not),

reduce (the amount of wastage),

reuse (the item whenever possible),

repair (the spoilt items to see whether it can still be used) and

recycle (to reduce the amount of rubbish ending in landfills).

3 Responses to “Piles and piles of paper…”

~K£cќ~ said...

Woah that a lot ..... luckily engineering don't waste as much as bio :p

Mike Cheong said...

Yer... why you say like that... not fair la... haha...

Anyway, you know anything about something called 'turning machine' or some sort like that in UTAR? The machine works to cut metals and plastic evenly and you can modify stuffs with it too...

You know about that? Let me know if anyone does. I need to use one.

~K£cќ~ said...

Erm you'll have to ask civil or mechanical or mechatronics students ... coz i don enter the lab that might have it >.<